Home > constituentservices > Internal Revenue Service

Internal Revenue Service

I may be able to assist taxpayers who are experiencing difficulties with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in resolving their federal tax-related problems.

If you are unable to secure the help you need from the following resources, I am happy to try to help you.  However, I will need your written permission to help with most IRS issues*. A Privacy Act Release form and an IRS Form 8821 will need to be completed and sent with a detailed explanation of your request for assistance to:

Congressman Paul Ryan
20 South Main Street, Suite 10
Janesville, WI  53545   
Fax: (608) 752-4711

* Please note that my office cannot assist taxpayers with cases being reviewed at the IRS Appeals Office and/or the U.S. Tax Court.


Internal Revenue Service
The best resource for general IRS information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I personally meet with the IRS if I need assistance?

How do I contact the IRS for telephone assistance?

Where can I obtain tax forms and publications?

I have not received my federal tax refund. Where is my refund and what can I do to get it?

What happens if I did not receive my W-2 Form(s)?

Who do I contact to report suspected tax fraud activity?

Are there volunteer organizations that can assist with free tax preparation?

Is there one resource in which a taxpayer can obtain information on tax law changes, filing programs, forms, etc.?