U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan Serving Wisconsin's 1st District

U.S. Congressman Paul Ryan Serving Wisconsin's 1st District

U.S. House of Representatives


Those who proudly serve in our nation’s armed forces, and their families, make sacrifices on a daily basis to help keep us all safe.  I am happy to be of service to members of the uniformed services, military retirees, and their family members who are experiencing difficulties with the U.S. Department of Defense and/or its military branches (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and the U.S. Merchant Marines), TRICARE, or the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS).

If you are unable to secure the help you need from the following resources, I am happy to try to help you. However, I will need your written permission (or, if you are contacting my office on behalf of a relative who is in the armed services regarding that service member’s problem, I will need the written permission of the service member who is experiencing the difficulties) to help with most military-related matters. A Privacy Act Release form will need to be completed and sent with a detailed explanation of your request for assistance to: 

Congressman Paul Ryan
20 South Main Street, Suite 10
Janesville, WI  53545   
Fax: (608) 752-4711


Department of Defense

U.S. Army

U.S. Navy

U.S. Air Force

U.S. Marine Corps

U.S. Coast Guard

Wisconsin National Guard

Official website of the Defense Health Agency, a component of the Military Health System

Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS)

Federal Voting Assistance Program (VAP)
Voting help for uniformed service members, their families, and citizens living outside the U.S. 

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I show my support to the troops?

What reemployment rights do I have after my mobilization?

What is the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), and what protections does it provide?

Am I eligible for military retired pay and VA disability compensation?

How do I locate current or former service members?

Readiness, Training, & Mobilization Information
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs

Tax Information for Members of the Military
IRS: Tax laws provide special benefits for members of the U.S. Armed Forces, including those serving in combat zones
Washington, DC Office
  • 1233 Longworth House Office Bldg
  • Washington, DC 20515
  • Phone: (202) 225-3031
  • Fax: (202) 225-3393
Janesville Office
20 South Main Street
Phone: (608) 752-4050
Suite 10
Fax: (608) 752-4711
Janesville, WI 53545
Toll Free: (888) 909-RYAN (7926)
Kenosha Office
5031 7th Avenue
Phone: (262) 654-1901
Kenosha, WI 53140
Fax: (262) 654-2156
Racine Office
216 6th Street
Phone: (262) 637-0510
Racine, WI 53403
Fax: (262) 637-5689
Mobile Office Hours
Click for Schedule
Rock Walworth Waukesha Milwaukee Racine Kenosha