Home > caseworkfaqs > Frequently Asked Questions: Consumer Complaints

Frequently Asked Questions: Consumer Complaints

How do I file a complaint about a company or an unfair business practice?

You may wish to file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) about a particular company or organization by visiting the FTC Complaint Assistant web site: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov 

Please note that the FTC does not resolve individual consumer problems. However, your complaint helps the FTC investigate fraud, and may ultimately lead to law enforcement action. 

You may also want to consider contacting the State of Wisconsin’s Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP) using the information listed below: