Home > caseworkfaqs > Frequently Asked Questions: Consumer Complaints

Frequently Asked Questions: Consumer Complaints

What do I do if I need to file a complaint about a financial institution?

If you are having a problem with your bank or another financial institution, you can contact the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (the FED) for help.  While the FED does not have regulatory jurisdiction over all financial institutions, the Federal Reserve Consumer Help office can forward your complaint to the appropriate regulatory authority.  Please feel free to visit Federal Reserve Consumer Help for more information on assistance the FED can provide with your financial institution. 

You may also want to contact or file a complaint with the Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions.