Home > caseworkfaqs > Frequently Asked Questions: Identity Theft

Frequently Asked Questions: Identity Theft

Where do I file my complaint if I believe I am the victim of identity theft?

The toll-free hotlines listed below can provide information about what to do if you believe that your personal information has been accessed and/or used by another individual:
  • The Federal Trade Commission consumer help and information hotline: 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261

  • The Federal Trade Commission's Identity Theft helpline: 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338); TTY: 1-866-653-4261 

  • Wisconsin Bureau of Consumer Protection hotline to request further information about identity theft: 1-800-422-7128