Home > caseworkfaqs > Frequently Asked Questions: Identity Theft

Frequently Asked Questions: Identity Theft

How can I obtain a free copy of my credit report?

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) requires each of the nationwide consumer reporting companies - Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion - to provide individuals with a free copy of their credit report, at their request, once every 12 months.

To order a copy of your credit report, visit AnnualCreditReport.com, or by calling 1-877-322-8228.

AnnualCreditReport.com is the only website authorized to fill orders for the free annual credit report. Please note that, as a security precaution, consumers should never provide their personal information to any other company or person in connection with requesting free annual credit reports under the FCRA.