Home > caseworkfaqs > Frequently Asked Questions: Medicare

Frequently Asked Questions: Medicare

Who can assist me with specific benefit related questions?

Your County Senior Benefit Specialist, often called “Red Tape Cutters,” is an individual trained to help older individuals who are having problems with their private or government benefits. They can help anyone over the age of 60 who:
  • Wants to know more about any private or public benefit.
  • Needs help in organizing the paperwork to apply for benefits.
  • Has been denied a benefit they think they are entitled to receive.
You can contact a Benefits Specialist by using the following contact information:

Kenosha County

Aging & Disability Resource Center of Kenosha County
8600 Sheridan Road, Suite 500
Kenosha, WI 53143
(262) 605-6646
(800) 472-8008
Email the Aging & Disability Resource Center

Milwaukee County

Aging Resource Center (ARC) of Milwaukee County
1220 W. Vliet Street, Suite 300
Milwaukee, WI  53205
(414) 289-6874

Racine County

Aging & Disability Resource Center of Racine County
1717 Taylor Ave
Racine, WI 53403
(262) 833-8777

Rock County

Rock County Council on Aging 

Mailing Address: 51 S. Main Street
Janesville, WI 53545
 Office Address:  3328 N US Highway 51
Janesville, WI 53545 
 (608) 757-5472

Seniors who reside in Afton, Beloit, Clinton, Evansville, Milton, Orfordville, Hanover and Brodhead can call 608-757-5414.

Seniors who reside in Janesville, Edgerton, Footville and Johnstown can call 608-757-5942 Ext 4.

Senior Services of Rock County
1621 Plainfield Ave
Janesville, WI 53545
(608) 757-5940

Walworth County

Aging & Disability Resource Center of Walworth County
W4051 County Road NN
PO Box 1005
Elkhorn, WI 53121
(262) 741-3400
(800) 365-1587

Waukesha County

Aging and Disability Resource Center of Waukesha County
500 Riverview Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53188
(262) 548-7848
(866) 677-2372