Home > constituentservices > Consumer Complaints

Consumer Complaints

I am happy to provide constituents who have concerns or complaints about a product or business information about how to file their complaint with the appropriate regulatory authorities (and in certain circumstances, assist with the submission of such complaints when permissible). My office can also provide detailed information to constituents who want to file a formal complaint about a doctor or healthcare provider, landlord, judge, or attorney.

If you are unable to secure the help you need from the following resources, I am happy to try to help you.  However, I will need your written permission in order to assist you in sharing your complaint with the appropriate authorities. A Privacy Act Release form will need to be completed and sent with a detailed explanation of your request for assistance to: 

  Office Location:  20 South Main Street, Suite 10 
 Janesville, WI 53545

  Mailing Address:  Congressman Paul Ryan
 1233-B Longworth HOB
 Washington, DC 20515 
  Fax:   (608) 752-4711


Federal Trade Commission
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) deals with issues that touch the economic life of every America and has consumer protection and competition jurisdiction in broad sectors of the economy. Information available via the FTC addresses topics such as consumer complaints, credit repair and credit issues, and debt relief and debt management issues.

Federal Communications Commission
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is an independent United States government agency and is charged with regulating interstate and international communications by radio, television, wire, satellite and cable.

Consumer Product Safety Commission
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from thousands of types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) charters, regulates, and supervises all national banks. It also supervises the federal branches and agencies of foreign banks.

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I file a complaint about an unsafe product or a company selling an unsafe product?

How do I file a complaint about a company or an unfair business practice?

What if I’m having a problem with my landlord?

What do I do if I need to file a complaint about a financial institution?

Is it possible to file a complaint about a doctor or health care provider?

What if I’m having a problem with my insurance company?

How can I file a complaint about a judge or an attorney?

I need to make a complaint about my utility company. Who should I contact?

I need to make a complaint about my telephone company, my cell phone provider, my internet provider, or my cable provider. Who should I contact?

Is there any way to stop unsolicited phone calls, emails, or faxes?

Can I get my name removed from “junk” mail lists?

How can I obtain more help or information about filing a consumer complaint?