Home > constituentservices > Passports


Securing a U.S. Passport, especially on short notice, can be a confusing process.  Often times, figuring out where to submit your application, determining what application to use, and deciding when you need to submit your application to ensure that you receive your Passport prior to your travel date can be difficult.  Additionally, changes in the law (see link to the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative Information below) now require those traveling to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda to have a valid U.S. Passport (or Passport Card) to travel.  If you require assistance with your efforts to secure your U.S. Passport, my office is happy to be of assistance to you.

If you need immediate assistance, please visit my emergency passport assistance web page for additional information or call my office toll-free at 1-888-909-RYAN (7926) for immediate help.

If you are unable to secure the assistance you need from the following resources, please call toll-free at 1-888-909-RYAN (7926) to discuss options available to secure assistance with problems involving agencies of the federal government.


Bureau of Consular Affairs

Passport Services Directorate

Tips for Traveling Abroad

State Department Travel Warnings

Country Information Sheets

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the new U.S. Passport Requirements under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)?

How can I obtain a U.S. Passport?

Where do I go to file my application for a U.S. Passport?

How do I renew my expired U.S. Passport?

Where can I obtain proof of my passport application?